Saturday, May 23, 2009

Down 27%

I stepped on to the scale yesterday and found that I have lost another 4 pounds during our 3 week Daniel fasting time. This is really pretty significant now that I'm in normal weight range. At 153 pounds I am very close to the weight that I was while in High School some 35+ years ago.


My endurance has increased and so has my core strength since taking my own advice to start doing an abs workout daily. I have moved up from doing 90 crunchies a day to doing 120 for a 25% increase in the number of reps.


Now I have lost about 27% of my body weight from the days of pudgy Bob. This percentage loss is equal to or slightly better than some of the finalist competitors on the biggest loser TV show. Now understand that those contestants were extremely obese to start with so the ability to lose a higher % for them is much greater than where I started from. So I would say that overall my weight loss is on par with the top flight contestants.

I am sharing this with you, not to brag on myself but rather to help instill confidence that if you follow what I am doing, you can have outstanding results too. You can be on par with some of the best in the nation.


I know that I have been pushing you all very hard and have compressed things into a very high paced regimen. But I have done this for a purpose to help instill vision of success within each one of you!!! If you are having trouble keeping up that's OK just keep on doing the best that you can and don't give up. ("Never give up-- Never surrender" and "by "Grabthar's Hammer I will avenge thee")


I think that one of the most important parts of all of this has been to shock your taste buds and palate into a different beast than it was before. I am at the point where I just love the taste and crispiness of a good garden salad!!!! I crave them. I love the multiple colors of green and red and white and orange veggies. Now that I am in this green zone, I never want to go back to where I was before. I will occasionally have something sweet, but I won't go back to being locked into eating damaging malnourishing foods.




No comments:

Post a Comment