Monday, May 11, 2009

Disgustingly Skinny




So I had an interesting conversation with one of my buddies at church yesterday. He started by saying Bob you look disgustingly skinny. Disgustingly? That sure was an bizarre word to use. Did he mean it as a back door compliment, or was it a display of a bit of concern of unhealthiness? I responded by saying... why thank you very much, choosing to affirm option "A." Because I really do embrace the fact that I am as healthy as can be. And I plan on continuing to eat properly for the rest of my life.



--------------

So are you getting enough protein in your diet? If you are doing the Daniel Fast, you need to make sure that you are getting adequate protein sans meat. We should be getting a pretty good start with eating the eggs for breakfast 2 out of 3 days. But you still need more throughout the day. Yogurt, milk, nuts, peanut butter, cottage cheese and tofu are good additional sources to get you through the day. I am finding that peanut butter on a piece of celery or an apple slice is working really well for me at snack time.







No comments:

Post a Comment