Monday, May 4, 2009

B.M.I.



I just thought to throw the bmi- body mass index table out tonite. Some of you may have seen it before. But I think it is informative to help establish goals for where you would like to optimally end up being weight wise. Click on the link and plug in your height and current weight.
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/




My peak weight bmi was 31.8 which yes sports fans qualified me as being officially obese. My current bmi is 23.7 which falls into normal body weight category, but not by much. So be advised that the index is not very forgiving.




If however you make it through Daniel Fast time with flying colors and want to get really serious here. I will tell you that a normal BMI is within your capability.


-----




I went to a family get together over the weekend to celebrate my father's 84th birthday. Way to go dad! Relatives that had not seen me in awhile were somewhat shocked to see my skinny profile. They complimented me almost to the point of being embarrassing. I think I actually blushed. I hope that you have similar "problems" like this in the future to have to deal with.




-----


One of the ways that you can judge the amount of progress that you are making is what I call the lateral waist pinch test. If you pinch the fat on the side of your waist and roll it between your fingers... If it is just solid, you still have a ways to go. If you pinch it and roll it and it starts to feel granular or bumpy, that means that your green is really starting to do it's thing. This is especially true if you are working out. You are burning calories and the fat is melting away.


Woooo Hooooo!!




Another test is the wedding ring. Mine was as tight as could be on my finger before my weight loss. Now it easily spins and fits loosely especially in cool weather.




I hope you are staying with the game plan, or are catching up if you are behind. Keep up the good work and you will be handsomely rewarded for your efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment