Monday, May 25, 2009

Flash Back 1973

Speaking about my weight being close to that of my high school days. I thought I would throw in a extremely dated photog of yours truly.

Kudos go out to Paul Reef, my swim coach. He saved a photo album of the Sweet Home swim team all of these years, then searched and found me on face book a few months ago.

Paul was and is a great coach. First of all, he was really hip. He inspires his peeps to always be the best that they can be, no matter their position in life. I wasn't the fastest swimmer on the team but he always inspired me to compete against myself. He wanted me to get faster times even if I didn't finish in 1st place. His positive reinforcement actually helped me to get much better to the point where I did start to finish 1st place some of the time.

Likewise I would like to encourage you to compete against "yourself" to get better at this St. Patty's green. Push yourself to embrace 1 more part of the plan that is being offered to you. Each piece of resistance that you are able to mentally overcome the faster your "swimming" will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment