Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Act Alive Promo


On today's blog I would like to Promote to you guys Dr. Tim Hindmarsh's Act Alive Event.


Dr. Tim has been very outspoken and a leader in diabetes prevention locally in our community. This year he is doing multiple sporting event on the 4th of July to raise money for education about diabetes and also to promote awareness. I love the intensity that this man has for life, God and his fellow man!!!


He also provides opportunity for folks to participate in running, walking and bicycling type of events. If you live locally I would like to personally invite you to get involved and participate in 1 or more of the events offered. Unfortunately for me, I am on duty that day so I won't be able to be there.


Here is a snippet from his web site and a link to register to participate

America has a problem. Over the last two decades we have ballooned. We have an obesity rate of almost fifty percent. We have become spectators of life rather than participants. This is causing serious health effects.
There are nearly 21 million diabetics in America. Diabetes is a disease with devastating consequences. It is the most potent risk factor for heart disease, stroke as well as kidney failure and nerve disease. That’s bad news! The good news it that it can be treated and in some cases cured simply with diet and exercise.
In 2005, I wanted to bring attention to this problem and raise money for diabetic education. I started an event where I do 10 action sports in one day. I named this the “Act Alive.” The event starts with windsurfing in the Columbia River Gorge, then skiing and snowboarding on Mt. Hood, waterskiing, barefoot waterskiing, wakeboarding, motocross,cycling, skydiving, and running.
Check out the site,we will keep you posted on up coming events.
Remember, to feel alive you first have to act it!
Dr.Tim Hindmarsh

No comments:

Post a Comment